Re: Breeder Hostas

>Why is H. Dorothy Benedict considered to be so good?  Since I'm unlikely
>to ever do more than see it from a distance I wonder what I'm missing?
>Joanne:
    The list of hostas that have come from DB is really rather special. I
admit that I think that there is a lot of mythology attached to it.The fact
that it has been rare, unavailable, and has brought $3,000.00 at the
auction have all helped. I would give you odds that within 5 years you will
see it available  on the market. There are a lot of plants out there now in
private hands. Perhaps people breeding with it, perhaps others are hoping
to make a killing with it. Either way once it goes on to the market( I
would guess at $500.00) it will be come less myth , more plant, and a lot
cheaper.I do not know a lot of hosta people  but I know of 10 that have DB.
This is the tip of the perverbial iceberg. Soon Joanne,soon. Then we will
need new myths which are at this very moment being bred.

Glen Williams Zone 5a   Springield , Vermont.