Sun Burned Hostas

Today I stopped at a garden center to buy my spring bulbs, and as I walked
past the Hosta sale table, I couldn't help but fall in love with a couple of
those cute little buggers...One was a H. "Wide Brim" and the other was H.
"Patriot".  Now the question I have is this:  "Will either of them do well
getting some direct sun in the morning and early afternoon?"..  I can plant
them in full shade (both of the plant 'stickers'  call for shade to part
shade) or I can plant them under some of those small 'tree like' bushes ( I
can't think of the name of them now, but they plant them along the highways )
where they will get some shade.  I'm concerned about the light edges of the
leaves burning and browning out.

Anyone have either of these planted where they get some sun?   Do the leaves
burn easily?

Thanks for the help.