Re:Wednesday Blues

Mike, Rick, and Ken Star,

       As to the question of how much money I spend on hostas a year. First
I would want you to define money. Then certainly  one would have to say
what kind of year you were talking about (Jovian, Mercurian, or even
Plutonian) . And of course if you consider the roots of the word" spend" it
becomes quite a difficult question.Then there is the question of transitive
and intransitive verbs- you can guess where that leads.  And, I certainly
don't want to deal with ambiguities or mistatements here. And I would not
want to lead you astray. At least too far.And I ask you what is a
hosta..really?That of course brings us back to the nature of money.Now is
writing a check  really spending money? I don't think so. Charging plants
to a Mastercard?Certainly not.Nor do I believe that  have you spent money
on a hostas if you have paid with the old twenties and fifties. Now the
newly designed money is a different question. In fact I now feel very good
about this whole business of spending money on plants. I realize how
reasonable and rational my behavior has been in the past. I was worried
there for a moment.Bring on the catalogues.

Glen Williams Zone 5a   Springield , Vermont.