Re: a great hosta

Chick wrote:

Well, first of all my reply wasn't meant to be all that serious, and I didn't mean to start another crisis in hostadom.  Never thought I'd have to do this but let me restate my comment.

Flowers? On hostas? Oh come now.  <vbg>

   If they were truly beautiful, there wouldn't be so many hosta growers who cut them off.  Now I know that not all hosta growers cut off the flowers, but have you ever heard of a daylily grower doing that?

Thank you Chick for a good chuckle to start my day! I'm a bit late in reading your message, but it's so true and so funny! Since I happen to grow hundreds of daylillies and would never think of cutting off a single blossom, but until this year, {thanks to the hosta-open} have always cut the bloom stalks off of the hosta. And yes, all you breeders out there, lets get snappin' on some decent looking and smelling hosta blossoms! I know there are some lovely ones already, but what a thought to have the "perfect" plant. Not only a beautiful foliage plant but one that gives us appropriate sized flowers as well!

Carrie Hampton
Coshocton Ohio