How hostas do

I am new to all this.  But I have come to realize that we all love the hostas
that look the best and do the best for us all season. Some people can dislike
a hosta that another persons likes.  I myself have whirlwind, and I am not
impressed.  It could need more sunlight-but others list it as their favorite.
I love Sague but some others don't.  How can you find out which hostas do
better in your area?  Does any one know of a hosta called Kryptomite?  I
bought one which I really like.  Looks like blue cadet in form but maybe a
little bit smaller with dark very shiny leaves.  I haven't seen it mentioned
any where.  Chris, Braintree, MA z6