Re: top 25 hostas

Kay Dye wrote, naming her 25 favorite hostas:

> I don't think I can get 25.  Sagae, Great Expectations, Sun Power, Blue Angel,
> Piedmont Gold, Pandora's box, Permanent Wave, Antioch, Fragrant Bouquet,
> Guacamole, Sugar and Cream, Stiletto, William Lachman, On Stage, Montana
> Aureomarginata, nigrescens, Ventricosa Aureomarginata, Golden Waffles, Rising
> Sun, Samuel Blue, Blue Umbrellas, Leather Sheen, Sum and Substance.  That
> wasn't so hard after all, actually I still have more.... Christmas Tree, Blue
> Moon, Lakeside Ripples, maybe I'd better stop:)

That got me to thinking, jotting notes, taking a brief walk outside
where I ignored all the work that needs to be done, and coming up with
my own list: Aurora Borealis, Blue Arrow, fortunei Aureomarginata,
Francee, Golden Sculpture, Great Expectations, Guacamole, hypoleuca
Maekawa, June, Lakeside Black Satin, Lakeside Lollipop, Little Wonder
Variegated, montana Aureomarginata, Mountain Snow, nigrescens, Pandora's
Box, Praying Hands, Queen Josephine, Regal Splendor, Sagae, Spilt Milk,
Stetson, Sum and Substance, Sun Power, and undulata Univittata.  Oops!
Where do I get room to put in Galaxy, Dorset Blue, Joanne, Rhubarb Pie,
and Wolverine?  Is Tattoo pretty enough to include? (It certainly is
vigorous enough.)  What am I going to move off the list to get room for
Mary Chastain's newer plants?  Twenty-five is not enough; we need a
bigger number!  Irwin Johnson (I really must go outside and start to
work.)