Re: hybridizing question

In a message dated 10/19/1998 10:34:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
bridgewd@annap.infi.net writes:

<< Which brings up the question, Why?  It has also been my experience that
seedlings
 resemble the pod more than the pollen parent.  >>

Here is my guess: It is because hostas are terribly( I use that word as the
Brits do)
unstable. For example, if you cross a streaker as pod parent with anything,
you will very unlikely get a streaked plant.

Interesting question.

Clyde Crockett z5