Re: hybridizing question--Research Tools

In a message dated 10/20/1998 7:34:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
rickg@centrelab.com writes:

<< This was determined first by Kevin Vaughn and published in an early AHS
 Journal (back in the mimeograph days --- maybe #11 or #13).   >>

I excerpted the above to point out how important it is to get the "old" issues
of the Hosta Journal. The first 2, as I recall, have the works of Maekawa.
There is also a list of the first registrations.
You can get copies of these from the American Hosta Society. Some have been
reprinted. The rarest originals, as I recall, are #4 and the Fall issue 1990
in color.
This is unfortunate as the latter had what is probably the most beautiful and
evocative OFC picture that has ever appeared. The OBC has an unbelievebly
beautiful pic of the extremely rare H.sieboldiana cucullata( or is it

Clyde Crockett z5