End of season thoughts

Well'it's been a hectic weekend for me here in WNY.  I had the pleasure
of being more or less in charge of the Iris Society Regional banquet and
fall board meeting hosted by the WNY group.  So finally this morning I
had the chance to wander thru my garden to see what was happening while
I was otherwise occupied.
Hard to believe Oct 26 and still no frost. Mnay of the hostas are still
looking if wonderful condition. Summer Music has taken on it's fall
coloring of an orangey gold and white which I find to be very
attractive.  It adds quite a splash of color among the other still green
hostas.  Some hardly look like they've noticed the changing season.
Cotillion, Aristocrat, Striker, Fragrant Blue look as good as they did
in July and August.  Azure Snow is just begining to fade as is Snow Cap
and Great Expectations.  Fragrant Bouquet is perfect.  I hate to think
that too soon they'll all be buried under the annual covering of white
fluffy mulch that Lake Erie provides.  But it has me looking forward to
the pleasure of reacquainting myself with these old friends as they
return in the spring.