AOL 5.0

This is not a forwarded "alarm" letter, in fact it isn't intended to be an
"alarm" letter at all.  I decided to try the new AOL 5.0 and didn't like it
so am now having some difficulties which I thought I should pass along to
other AOL members.  I'm sending this to an old mailing list for Pixlist and
OLG, plus a few others.  I hope you don't mind.  Gosh, some of the names on
these lists reminds me how out of touch I've been with everyone.
Here is a message for present and potential AOL Users:

<<Several days ago I downloaded the trial AOL 5.0 but soon realized the No
Timer** program didn't work for 5.0, so I deleted 5.0 from my pc in
anticipation of returning to 4.0.

It wasn't very long before I discovered I had lost all my sound for AOL, so
after completely messing up the computer in an attempt to get the sounds
back, I called AOL this morning.

Scott, the gentleman I spoke with read me a memo he had received a short time
before I called.  Now, keeping in mind that I'm totally computer illiterate,
I am paraphrasing what Scott read to me.  Here goes a feeble attempt at
explaining what happened:  AOL 5.0 shares some of the files used on 4.0, and
now that 5.0 has been deleted, those files are no longer available when using
4.0.  Is that simple enough?  That may not be exactly right, but the end
result is the same.  I had to go out today to find a copy of AOL 4.0, now
have to delete the current 4.0 I'm using, and then reinstall 4.0.  I hope I
don't lose all the files I have saved!

As I said, I'm not trying to alarm anyone or shy you away from trying the 5.0
version.  But be prepared for some frustration if you try it and don't like

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy IN