Re: New Rules

In a message dated 10/3/1999 10:49:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

<< So here's what I think, if anybody really cares. (I'm in to making lists
tonight)
 1. Very few people have ever been against registration.  I think all hostas
should be
 registered, and have said so many times.
 2. The reason so many hostas went unregistered was because it was a pain in
the ass.
 The person who is in charge of changing registration procedures every year
should be
 given a different job.
 3. If the board had simply made it simpler and cheaper, and nicely asked
everyone to get
 their plants registered, they probably would have had just as much success,
without a
 single complaint.
 4. I am not going to get rich selling outlaw hostas because nobody else is
going to stop
 selling them either. >>
 Chick & All,

I keep telling you all:

1( We need a new registrar,( Maybe not. He will register anything if he gets
his five bucks.)
2( the Registar cannot under the rules of the ICNCP require anything in the
way of pix of blooms
3(I shall have NEVER register a hosta again.
4(I simply cannot fathom why us growers(yes; I am one of those outlaws, too)
put up with this ridiculous AHS. Let us form a new society.

Clyde Crockett z5
P.S. to Dave Stevenson---If I am not correct, please disabuse me.Why don't
you resign as registrar and let somene who knows something about hostas take
your place, old chap?