Re: New Rules

In a message dated 10/4/1999 9:18:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
wie1086@mail.harborcom.net writes:

<< Why the push to register
 everything? It just seems completely illogical. >>
 I agree. We shall be flooded with registration of plants. Many of these will
be unstable; many will be morphologically identical;many will never hit the
market.
Butch is right ----registration does not have anything to do with a plant's
worthiness---but, how many consumers know that?

What we need is a Registrar who can make a decision NOT to register a plant.
As I have said before, if I sent a pic of 'Lancifolia', with the 6" ruler,
and all that info and called it 'Lance Flower', it would be registered.

We, as growers and consumers, do not need the Registrar or the ICNCP.

Clyde Crockett