Re: Originators Stock and late transplanting

Cidjohnson@aol.com wrote:

> Cindy,

if they are large clumps, go ahead dig them up and divide them. When planting
try to firm up the soil, as to keep the plant from being pushed out of the
ground when it freezes. Chances of the whole plant dying are slim. Hosta's are
real tough. Now if you were talking of digging a single crown division, I would
probably pot it up for the winter.

Ray Wiegand
Mentor, Ohio