Re: October Hostas

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/6/1999 11:57:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
> ranbl@netsync.net writes:
>
> << Lake Michigan >>
> Please tell us about his one, Ran.
>
> Clyde C.
Lake Michigan, is a seboldii growen from seed collected in Japan.  It is
a aqua green, with elongated oval leaves, and the veins are very
depressed, giving it a most unusual "finish".  The leaf backs are very
white and the petioles and scapes are intense purple.  The plant is
about 30"  It blooms heavly (right now)(no the blooms are not fragrant,
you can't have everything) and I never get any slug damage.  It seems to
stand up all season, even in a lot of sun.  I do expect to register it
this fall.
Thanks
Ran