I realize that not all members of this list are also members of the American
Hosta Society; but, a goodly number of you are.
I noticed that the AHS is probably going to raise the dues of a single member
from $19 to $25 per year. I'd imagine that there will be a concomitant
increase in the dues for family, life and overseas members. This was
inevitable---because of the amount that is paid for, inter alia, THE YEARBOOK.

A couple of years ago, while I was still in the good graces of the AHS Robin,
I conducted a poll as to whether the members thought that that publication
was worth the money. The great majority of replies were opposed to the
expenditure and thought the money spent on such should be channeled to
different areas, particulary THE HOSTA JOURNAL.

I should like very much to get your views, in light of Jim Hawes' posting.
Please DO NOT send your posting to this list, unless you want to. Rather,
send them to me at clyderock@aol.com

I'll let you know the results. Every reply to me at clyderock will be held in

Clyde Crockett z5