Re: THE AMERICAN HOSTA SOCIETY YEARBOOK

In a message dated 10/11/1999 11:42:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

<<  The great majority of replies were opposed to the expenditure and thought
the money spent on such should be channeled to different areas, particularly
THE HOSTA JOURNAL.  I should like very much to get your views, in light of
Jim Hawes' posting. >>

I want first to share that these are my personal views only, and should not
be looked upon as the views of any group that I might currently belong to or
that I was once the President of.   I strongly feel that the information in
the Yearbook is much better off simply being available on the AHS Website.

That way I only have to print out that which is of interest to me personally.
 It will also be a great way to keep the information current and timely.
The 1999 Yearbook was full of inaccurate information and needed changes even
before it left the print shop.

For people that are not on-line, then perhaps a printed version would still
be necessary but close to half of the Members of the Upstate Hosta Society
have e-mail now!

Thanks for the opportunity to provide input!
    Best wishes,
         Dave