Re:White Hostas

Tom et al.,
It makes me wonder why these hostas make it into the trade..All I can
figure is that a) they do much better in the north or b)people buy them as
oddities.

I find it mildly annoying that I bought the aforementioned 'White
Christmas' back in my hosta infancy, based on beautiful pictures and
glowing descriptions, with not a word about it's tendency to melt out early
in the year (not to mention the fact that it is gourmet chow for slugs).

This to my mind is one of the benefits of this list..That one can get input
from people who have already grown these cv's in different parts of the
country and can relate their experiences. The recent discussion of Tattoo
comes to mind...And I find both positive and negative comments equally
valuable.

Gerry