Re:White Hostas

Gerry

My lathe was constructed with 5" boards every 1/3 or 5" board then 10"
space north and south. Never use more than 33% shade and if I do it again
it will be 20% shade.

The bog is simple: make a pond 18-24" deep with a rubber pond liner then
put 6" inches of gravel (non-calcium rock) in the bottom (volcanic rock
works well) and cover with landscape cloth. Then cover the cloth with humus
to ground level then mulch 6-8" above ground. Plant directly in the mulch
and fill the bog. You will have to cut down fertilizer in this system to
10% normal.

If you want an easy trial buy a child's wading pool those 8" deep ones. Dig
a hole about 16" deep and do the same process. You can not over water with
this process, have used it for 10 years.