Cheatin'Hart

Just as with Patriot ( as will be explained in the next journal)
there are two forms of Cheatin'Hart around . The one I have is a
ploidy chimera That will say it has both diploid and tetraploid
layers This will be  publihed in a few weeks in the journal
Euphytica. I just found another Cheatin' Hart that is fully
diploid. The only difference I noted so far is that the ploidy
chimera seems to show some drawstring effects.
So it seem there are plants around with the same name
but different in ploidy. This maybe in some cases an explanation
why a plant grows differently in different gardens.

Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands