Re: your bog

Good morning all:

The building of a bog garden using a pond liner is fairly simple.  Extend or
don't cut the liner where you want to put your bog garden.  Make sure that
the depth of that lined area is about 6-8 inches deep.  Dam that section with
rocks and between the rocks put something like long sphagnum moss so the fill
doesn't go into the pond.

Fill this bog area with unamended soil (no peat) because the water will
always be there.  Plant with bog loving plants and you're set.

I cannot take any credit.  I got all this from watching an old Victory
Gardening show just recently.  Hope this helps.

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA