Re: hosta-open DIGEST V1 #580

John:

>I was hoping that someone who uses the product would answer
>your question on how it works

This question was answered some time ago.  Basically, it works, but
not as well as they advertise and some cultivars respond better then
others.  For the home gardener or the person who only needs a small
number of plants, say, less then a 100, Rossizing will be just as
effective, but may take a bit longer.

>The "10" part of the name stands for the dilution (I think) the
>product comes in.

The "10" stands for ten percent BAP = 100,000 ppm.

>It is used by spraying a bit of it (don't know how much etc) on the
>foliage of a hosta

Spray until the leaf is wet, 3,000 to 10,000 ppm, or apply with a
Q-tip.

>...and this is supposed to cause the plant to put up a number of new
>shoots.

SUPPOSE to.

Joe Halinar