virus warnings

With regard to the latest virus warnings..
The most important thing any of us can do to protect ourselves from
internet-transmitted viruses is to get good anti-viral software. They are
relatively inexpensive and well worth the money. Norton and MacAfee are
probably the most widely used. Additional benefits to using these two in
particular is that they both have on-line virus/hoax encyclopedias (so you
can verify warnings or check out suspicious attachments) and monthly free
updates to protect against new viruses.

I NEVER, NEVER open any attachment with the extension .exe (I also trash
any attachment if I don't recognise the extension).

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."