Norway Seed Bank Update: hosta blues, for a blue monday?

  • To: "Iril Kolle, Bjorkvang, 2338 Espa, Norway" <iril@iril.no>
  • Subject: Norway Seed Bank Update: hosta blues, for a blue monday?
  • From: WiN <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:10:11 -0400

SEED BEING SENT INTO NORWAY SEED BANK ON OCTOBER 18TH ..tomorrow?

Iril'girl  ..since Norway is 6-hours ahead of Canada! ..guess y'all be
sleeping now?
..and since, tomorrow is a work day "Blue Monday?" ..I thought, it be a
nice gesture if I send you some 'HOSTA BLUES' which I have ready to be
mailed out tomorrow.  A rather large envelope, with probably a million
seeds inside (Am guessing? LOL) and these are yours to put into Seed Bank,
sow yourself directly-outdoors into yer new Rolls Royce of seed beds,
and/or ...do as you please with same  --> simply put enjoy & have fun? :)
           ENCLOSED IN PACKAGE: hosta seed for "blue leaf" offspring
results, are as follows:  Blue Angel, Blue Cadet, Blue Mammoth, Blue Moon,
Blue Ripples, Blue Splendor and Blue Umbrellas.  Also other hosta seed
types, which shall provide blue-leaf seedlings are: H. sieboldiana 'Frances
Williams'; H. sieboldiana 'Elegans'; H. 'Perry's True Blue; H. 'Halcyon; H.
'Fragrant Blue' and of course, the best blue producer I have ...a line bred
seed-strain I call 'Big Blue N'White' with originating pod-parent being H.
'Ryan's Big One' (selfed in F1 ..best sister cross in F2) which provides
for all white & early flowering progeny, large blue-leaf mounds standing
three feet tall at maturity, and seed germination in the 80 percent range.
          For the heck of it, I also enclosed seed from Echinacea 'pallida'
(pale purple small grower) -E. purpurea 'Bright Star' (purplish-pink) -E.
purpurea White Swan (white fls) and E. purpurea 'Bravado (having large pink
fls).  Please note that E. purpurea 'Magnus' (red-flowering, was mailed
last Tuesday?).  Other seed enclosed is: Liatris (gay feathers) which
produces a winter hardy bulb; Lily seed (which also grows a bulb), Lady's
Mantle ground cover, and Ligularia dentata 'Othello' (yellow
flowering).  Hope yer Monday ain't so blue ...the above will be in the
mails, by time you read this.

To the other nice gardening folks reading this ..stock-piling of the Norway
Seed Trading Exchange has begun ..hope y'all partake & enjoy?  See Norway
Seed Bank Internet Connection, in my signature below, or contact Iril
Kolle, if interested? ..if not, excuse my intrusion and delete now
...remaining hostally yours
;-GB))
aka ..Grampa Bill <to all>

the'SHADOW'gardener
email: "William Nash" <raffi@sympatico.ca>
Personal Website URL = http://www3.sympatico.ca/raffi/
TO JOIN hybridizer's list-server = http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/nise
TO JOIN hosta-picture-group list-server =
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/hostapix
TO JOIN AHS POLITICAL FORUM = http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/ahspol
A Seed-bank/exchange in NORWAY =
http://www.iril.no/garden/garden/plants_seeds1998.htm
TO JOIN British Hosta/Daylily Discussion group =
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/bhhspol