Re: hybrids and correction

zonneveld wrote:

> Ray
> There are two kinds of hybrids so to speak
> For taxonomist a hybrid is the result of a cross between two species.
> For a geneticist a hybrid is the result of a cross between two
> individuals( unless selfed) heterozygous or differing in one or more
> characters
> By the way I made a mistake yesterday, I investigated the
> DNA of seedlings of  Amber Tiara x Minuteman not ventricosa x
> Minuteman.
> Ben J.M.Zonneveld

Ben,
O.K., so let me see if I have this straight...you crossed 2 HYBRIDS, got
seeds/seedlings from the cross, and it is now NOT a hybrid???? That
makes absolutely no sense at all. I may only be starting my
horticultural education, but I do know what is and isn't a hybrid.
That's Botany 101.

Diane Frederick
Cleveland Hts., Ohio