Re: A Silverbook Proposal

From: Giboshiman@aol.com

Preston, I am responding from work and do not have all of the list addresses
with me at the office.  Could you or someone else forward my response to all
the hosta lists so no one feels left out.  Thank you!

I am not in charge of the Silverbook publication and must admit I did not
take detailed notes during the discussion.  I know some of the items you
have discussed such as including a half inch gutter for hole punching and
printing only enough copies to "match-up" with those that previously
purchased hard copy and want to have a hard copy were discussed (I know I
want a hard copy as well as one on-line as there are times when my wife
needs the computer and I am editing the Journal and it is nice to sit on a
soft couch and have a hardcopy of the Silverbook to continue my efforts.)
Finally, it was discussed that David Stevenson is in the process of
preparing an on-line version for release sometime in the future.

Further, the $10 cost is expected to be approximately the cost of
publication plus the cost of shipping which is a concern you expressed in
your other e-mail, which I will get to as my day permits.  Hopefully during
my lunch hour.

I have taken the liberty of forwarding your message to Warren Pollock who is
in charge of the "Silverbook" effort.  You may wish to discuss these matters
at greater length with Warren.  I believe you will find him receptive to
many, if not all, of the items you note.