Re: Weeds

Jeff Westendorp wrote:
> Bob
> In regards to weeds, I have had good success spraying Roundup over hosta
> before the leaves expand in the Spring.  This kills existing weeds.  For a
> preemerge weed control program I use a mixture of Gallery and Surflan (both
> Dow products).  I put these in the same tank mix as Roundup but they can be
> applied separately.  It is important that Gallery and Surflan  is applied
> before anymore weeds germinate.
> Jeff Westendorp
> Holland, MI
Thanks Jeff
	I used roundup last year very early but it seems not early enough for
some. I noticed I had twisted hostas and daylilies for a good part of
the summer.
	Are the two chemicals you mentioned available from a garden center or
do I need to get them from a farm center for lack of a better
description. I have heard of surflan but I just haven't used that many
herbicides in recent years.
                Bob Axmear 208 2nd St Ne  Waukon,Ia 52172-1308