Re: hybrids and correction

Ben, Bob, Joe, et al :

Actually, I find the posts interesting to read when i have the patience.
Knowing the different disciplines, is the benefit.  Are there parallels
between the insect and plant genetic's worlds?  I have been out of school too
long, and there have been too many advancements in investigative science.

I was in the first graduating group in biochemistry from the University of
Maryland.  This was before the first biotech company was talked about.  Mass
spec and MNR, common research tools of today, were only used in the graduate
programs.  HPLCs were even invented yet.  DNA sequencing was in its infancy
using gel electrophoresis.

As frustrating as it might be to the "botanists" on the listserver, I have
learned a lot from Joe, Tom, Jim, Butch and others.  In Ben's world, he has
shared his knowledge keeping in mind that's within the realm of insects.

Bob is correct in his comment...if y'all aren't interested, delete the post.

G'Day...Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA