Re: News article

> >Joe Halinar
> >_____________
> > The transplants are small enough to
> >be shipped internationally and vigorous enough to be planted directly
> >outdoors.

Thanks Joe, I just read the greenhouse downloads too. My comment,
following, isn't worth much, but I thought some may be interested in
knowing that we often plant TC hostas directly outdoors just as soon as
they begin to grow in liners (2-3 weeks). We have a VERY shady area they
go in, and they seem to do quite well. We have never tried planting
directly from Culture rooting jars, but that may work too. What this
confirms once again for me is that TC hostas are, indeed, very tough
plants.  John Lanier
               MissVitro Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory
                         John and Laura Lanier
                           Route 9  Box 908
                        Burnsville, NC  28714