pod ripening

Earlier I said that it takes 70-90 days from the first flower to the
seed to be ripe This is a far cry from the 30 days of Zilis. There are
a few  caveats in my timing
1. very small plants seem to ripe earlier.
2. My day temp is usually around 68-80 F ( 18-23C) so a higher
temp may give faster ripening but not 3 times faster!.
3. My first plants flowers the end of june ( sieboldiana and venusta
types) THey will be harvested the end of this month All pods are
then still green, but contain black seeds!
4.I dont have the problem of frost First the first frost arrives
somewhere in november secondly I usually place those that ripe
late on the windowsill at around 70 F I think it is useless to leave
them to ripen on the plant when the frost has hit them
5.Still I thiink it very useful to mark the scape with the date of the
first flower.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden