Re: The American Gardener---some highlights--the times they are a changin

Dan:

Interesting!!  A little scary, too.

For some reason, lady beetles like our home site and we have an
abundance of them.  I think maybe they live in the crawl space under our
house, and we often have them in the house. One year when the furnace
was used for the first time, there was a peculiar, bad smell that I
eventually identified as lady beetle (or ladybug, as we call them).  The
most UNUSUAL thing I've seen in this line, though, is one I saw last
year in the backyard.  Fortunately, I wasn't by myself, but I can't
remember who was with me and clearly saw the same thing.  It was in
irridescent, metallic colored lady beetle.  Quite a shock, but quite
beautiful.  Any ideas?

Betsy