Re: Sic

Use of the marker [sic] tells the reader that the marked words (or
words) was incorrect (either misspelled or wrong) in a quote or a title.
In other words, it lets the person who reproduces it off the hook in
terms of the error. What I'm saying here is that Sergeant is misspelled
on the hostalibrary, but  I've no way to know if it's a type or if the
person who registered 'Sergeant Pepper' purposefully named it that and
not 'Sargeant Pepper'.

Beating a dead horse, Kris

Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.

"Rise up, and continue . . ."