Like many of you, my Aphrodite sets buds, which ultimately never open.  Today I visited my daughter in St. Paul, and I am so envious.  Her Aphrodites have multiple bloom scapes which are in full bloom with such fragrant, beautiful double blossoms.
I have never seen Aphrodite blossoms before, and they are truly spectacular.  Next year I'll have to really give mine some extra TLC to see if that helps.
Judy Bygd