Re: new flower scapes are there!

I am in no way critical of bud cutters, but, except for plants that are slow to
multiply, I have found that the new plants are so slow to grow that I'm not sure
what is gained.  I admit that I haven't done much of it, so maybe my experiences
are not typical, but it seems that whenever I try any of these techniques, the
resulting plants are so small and take so long to mature that I don't see what
I've gained.

If I cut a plant and get 10 pieces, and those take 2 years to mature, then
wouldn't I have just as much or more at the end of 2 years by dividing the plant
normally at the end of the first and dividing the resulting plants again at the
end of the second year?

I know Alex likes to make as many plants as he can to give away and spread
around, and this method makes a lot of small plants fast, but are you getting
better results over the long run than I did?

Chick