Re: new flower scapes are there!

That makes sense.  I have also had significant losses when I start cutting into
things this late, but it could be because everything here is in pots, which is a
little riskier.  Do you have no problems with rot on things that were divided
this late in the season?  Fungicide?  I can't count the things I've lost by
trying to get greedy late in the year.  I wouldn't mind trying it again but I'm
afraid to do it on anything valuable, and if it's not valuable, why bother?

Chick