Re: Customer complaints

Chick
   The below paragraph would have been a perfect reply to the customer when you issued the refund check. And along with that I would have added that you prefer that she do her business elsewhere.  It is true the customer is always right....except, however, when the customer is wrong.
   Some people just want to blame someone else for their own stupidity.

Diane Frederick

Chick wrote:

Now, we sell a lot of coleus on our Crownsville Nursery site and it is not at all unusual for people to order them now to use as house plants or as propagating stock for next spring's bedding.   Because "they're annuals" (which they are not) this lady expected us to know that she was placing an order for delivery 7 months from now, even though she didn't bother to mention it and our acknowledgment told her we would ship the following week.  She also failed to see any correlation between the appearance of the plants and the fact that they were in a closed box for almost two weeks. All she knew was that it was our fault and we should be ashamed.

Chick