Moving hostas...and a little about my gardening madness

I spent most of the afternoon moving hostas around. I like to do it in the
fall because it's easier to get an idea of how large the plant will be the
next season. It's also easier to tell which ones have been in too sunny or
too shady a location and make those corrections. I like to move hostas when
there is rain expected in the near future. It looks like that hurricane that
is dumping rain on Florida, Georgia, etc. may give us some rain here in
Delaware in the next day or so. I have multiple clumps of many of my hostas
and I like to keep at least one large undivided clump and divide some of the
duplicate clumps for future hosta sales. At this point I have not sold a
single hosta because I can't stand to part with my plants. I am hoping one
day to have so many that I will be forced into selling some to make room for
others. Did I mention I am on 40 acres? I plan on moving hostas around for
the next month or so on the weekends. This is the time I also move volunteer
hosta seedlings to a central location so I won't get them mixed up with my
named cultivars. I will be removing some sports from a few hostas next
weekend weather permitting.

 I have almost everything Q and Z and Shady Oaks sells in multiples of 6 or
12 depending on what friends wanted at the time of ordering. Most of these
are on 12 inch centers and the ones that have been in the ground 2 years or
more are in need of moving due to crowding. I presently have 700 or so
cultivars and have multiples of about 50% of these.

How about sharing with us the state of your gardening madness?

We won't tell anyone.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
Zone 7 (frost free from 4/20 to 10/20)