the life

An investment banker was on the pier of a small coastal
village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. His boat
was full of beautiful yellow tuna. The banker complimented the
fisherman on his catch, asking how long it took to catch.
The fisherman replied "only a short time." The banker asked
why not stay out and catch more. The fisherman replied,
"I've enough fish to feed my family."

The banker then asked what did the fisherman do with the
rest of his time, he replied, "I will sleep late, fish a little,
play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, stroll
into the village each evening, sip wine with my friends, play my
guitar.....I have a full and busy life."

The banker was not impressed. "I have a Harvard MBA and
could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the
proceeds buy a bigger boat and from those increased proceeds you could
buy several boats and soon have a fleet. Instead of selling your
fish to a middleman, you could control production, processing and
distribution by building your own cannery. You could
leave this small coastal village and move to the city then to New
York where you could run your expanding enterprise."

The fisherman asked, "How long will this take?"

The banker said, "Ten to 20 years."

"But what then?"

"Next you would announce an IPO and sell your stock to the
public, making millions and millions. Then you could retire to a
small coastal village where you could sleep late, fish a little,
play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the
village in the evenings, sip wine and play your guitar with your
friends," said the banker smiling.

dan

p.s. is there a correlation to the latest vendor
just a customer's inane thoughts.....ole'