Re: the life

Having been both a customer and a vendor, the vendor role is much harder...

I think, especially with Hostas, the customer always gets the best end of
the deal.  They receive a plant that should, about 95% of the time or even
more, grow and provide joy in the life of that person.  The plant will
multiply and in time long after the transaction has been completed, that
plant will become a "Friendship Plant", enabling its owner to share it with
friends and family.   All the vendor ends up with is a little money and if
it was not already spent at the time of transfer, it will be quickly
thereafter.   I like money, but I like Hostas better and I enjoy being a
customer.   Money is a necessary evil while Hostas are a continual joy.

It could be that becoming a vendor is a sure way to ruin a good hobby...

Andrew Lietzow
The Emerging Hostaholic