Re: Tree Training for Tree Health.doc

In a message dated 9/20/00 6:16:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sussextreeinc@ce.net writes:

<< problem both for pedestrians and traffic and will eventually be damaged by
 passing trucks. Trees planted is curbside locations need to have an upright

I have been thinking about it, down home people go out and top their maples
every two years whether they need it or not.  When the power company comes by
they don't ask they just top the tree sometimes right down to where the first
branches come out of the trunk.  These trees always come back with a
vengeance.  My Mom has a nice Kentucky Coffee Bean Tree that she and I
planted about thirty years ago.  It looks like a giant Bonsai, the power co.
wanted permission to trim it and if it doesn't produce fruit it is useless in
his book, he couldn't understand why we were so upset.

Lordy, I am glad that I didn't turn out like him.

Narda