Re: Lawn Fertilizers and Milorganite

In a message dated 9/25/00 8:34:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Jpbluerib@aol.com writes:

<< Kevin, thanks for the in depth info on Milorganite, however I believe
 you can obtainall the nutrients your plants need  by simply going organic.
 Alfalfa meal  ( slow release Nitrogen), powdered Rock Phosphate (
 in a more readily available form), and Green sand (complete micro nutrients
 with Potassium, slow release)supply  everything you could want without fear
 of  runoff or negative impact to the environment, and none contain heavy

Folks, I started using milorganite years ago because everything in my garden
was yellow, lack of iron.  This stuff really greens everything up.  My
husband does have a degree in chemistry and he says that it is a big broo ha
for nothing, just taking his word for it.  We do have a sophisticated water
filter on our drinking water and we do not fertilize the yard, just the hosta
patch and the trees.  When you consider that we live on property that was
used for farm land for years and now we have every lawn company in the
country dumping stuff on everyone's yard in the neighborhood we could say
that for the little bit that we put on the hosta garden that we are gagging
at a gnat and swallowing a fly.  N.