Re: Lawn Fertilizers and Milorganite

In a message dated 09/26/2000 7:10:35 AM Central Daylight Time,
eoneill@ibm.net writes:

<< Ahh. It sounds like the scientists were measuring soil CO2 efflux.  CO2 is
 given off by soils as a result of (among other things) microbial growth and
 root respiration. If intensive chemical fertilization suppresses microbial
 activity in the soils (and it does), the result would be less CO2 released
 to the atmosphere.  Organic fertilizers tend to increase microbial

What I understand of the studies involving organic verses other farming
practices is that organic farming has less CO2 release into the atmosphere.
Other gasses involved in the greenhouse effect are responsible for the
negative rating involving organic farming.

The effects of CO2 on global warming is greatly increased by other gases.
Any study that only looks at CO2 fails to be of much use as to prediction of
global temperature.

I wish I had keep the article but I did not, I just thought that it was