tetraploids

Andrew
There is no easy way to find ploidy chimeras other than by
measuring their DNA. However tetraploids usually have thick
leaves, thick pistils and big flowers. The plants itself are not bigger
than there diploid ancestor and if anything they grow slower. Be
aware: not all thick leaved plants are tetraploids. I could/would have
written an article on tetraploids in Hosta, but wait untill my article
that I send in January on inheritance of white flowers is published in
the journal.
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden