RE: What makes the difference?

  • Subject: RE: What makes the difference?
  • From: "Margaret Streckenbach" <margarets@westside.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:29:10 -0700

That is one of the main reasons why I buy younger plants, if their price is
reflected by their age.  I like seeing it go through its childhood and
teenage years.  There really is a sense of pride felt when looking at a well
grown mature plant that you have grown from infancy.

I must also add, that the main reason for buying smaller plants is the fact
that I have a very small yard.  So, having the young immature plants allows
me to feed my addiction more.  I am planning to move to where I have some
more space in the next few years.

Thanks for your input on the growth rate of younger plants.  That makes
complete sense.  I have been growing Orchids from TC for a decade or so, and
they behave the same way, it is funny how I take up a new plant, and for
some reason think I need to start from scratch again. I have a feeling that
it may have something to do with my need for making things more difficult
than they really are.

Everyone's input has been helpful to me.  I hope Alttara has had her
question answered also.  I seem to have hijacked her post.