Re: Tragedy

  • Subject: Re: Tragedy
  • From: "Kate Ardissono" <ardissono@home.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:51:35 -0500

It hit home here as I'm retired EMT and Paul my husband is still a Firefighter....  A coworker in Chicago's husband has been ordered on duty....
Kate

I am mystified by the actions (gas gouging) of some, fortunately there are so many more who are real heros at times like this. One story of a man who shielded a woman from debris, pressing her against a building for safety, then encouraging her to run from the collapsing building, a total stranger who could have sprinted to safety much faster by himself. The stories of heroism go on and on this fretfull night. The fireman (reported to be over 250) who lost their lives trying to evacuate the towers, gambling against the odds of survival. This has special meaning for me, my husband is a retired firefighter.
Pat