  • Subject: Tragedy
  • From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:54:08 -0400

Hi Everyone,
         Just wanted to say that I think the response of the people in this country to the terrible thing that has happened is truly wonderful. Despite the loss of so many of their friends and colleagues, the firefighters, police, and rescue workers have never lost a step in their unceasing efforts to find and help the survivors. And this despite the truly horrible conditions at the site. From the medical personnel to the construction workers to the ordinary people lining up to donate blood, we are showing why this is such a wonderful place to live and what kind of people we are. Those who seek to profit from this tragedy by hiking prices on necessities are showing what kind of people they are too.
         Thanks to all our foreign friends who have voiced sympathy about this terrible event.
                                                                      ..............Bill Meyer
ps. I have sent an E-mail to Norm Lesch at nalesch@missi.ncsc.mil and am waiting to hear from him. Does anyone have a more recent address for Norm?