Re: Tragedy

  • Subject: Re: Tragedy
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 12:46:51 +0100

Hello All:
As with Cornelia, Kevin, Bill and others who have found positive signs in
the horrors of  yesterday I will share  a brief story from early this
morning. I have chosen not to watch television; the radio had been more
than enough. I decided to go to a diner in a nearby town for coffee this
morning at 5:30. The diner usually collects bikers, truckers, state police
and the local residents but all at different times.  I had to park several
hundred feet away on the highway when I arrived. The parking lot was full
of big rigs, motorcycles, state police cars , and the odd car and bicycle.
Upon getting my coffee I discovered that this motley crew were all there to
have OJ  and breakfast before there were going to donate blood  about 10
miles away. They were going to make a convoy of it and go en mass.The woman
who ran the diner had organized this the previous night.  I would be a liar
if I didn't tell you that  my glasses needed wiping a couple of times.
  I ended up joining the group and just happened to discover that I knew
the  nurses who were opening up the  town hall to collect blood. When we
finally arrived at about 8:00 am, this parking lot was also filled to
overflowing with people from all over the state.  When the crew of nurses
finally opened the door , I only wish I could find the words to describe
the faces on the nurses. Let your imaginations do the work.

From Vermont where there are two seasons: winter and road work.
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont