Re: 85 of Alex Malloy's intros and NRs

bob wrote:

>         I am trying to look at it like there is no limit or standards that
> anybody follows so each person sets their own.

You can put any limits or standard you like on the library, but as far as
registration goes, there are none.  Under the current thinking, with which I
agree, there can be no limits or standards.

Theoretically, the ideal is for every hosta to be registered if it has been or
will be distributed.  Since you cannot put limits on what is introduced, you
cannot put limits on what is registered. I guess if someone tried to go to
absurd extremes, the registrations could be denied, but I don't know how far you
would have to go. You can try to talk some sense into people, but if you really
want a record of all hostas, you have to register them.

People just have to get used to the idea that registration means nothing more
than that someone has decided to record the existance of a hosta.