RE: 85 of Alex Malloy's intros and NRs

  • Subject: RE: 85 of Alex Malloy's intros and NRs
  • From: "Helen" <msbucky@home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:15:33 -0400

Hi Bob

It almost looks to me like he's named each and every one of his seedlings...
I'm wondering if he really intended that these pics be published???  Perhaps
he only sent them to you so you could have a look at what he's doing?

Speaking of standards, well, we won't get into that... But I'm sure everyone
on the list could innundate you with at least several dozen (or hundred)
pics of their seedlings - Maybe there should be some limit on this? I kind
of wonder how many of those plants will ever actually get introduced.

Helen

>Hi Helen
	I am sort of torn by this myself. I know many people on these robins
work years to get a hosta or two that they consider good enough to
introduce and/or grow long enough to see the final quality of the plant.
I don't understand how one person can have somewhere in the range of 125
in a few years, most it seems in the last year or so. There are maybe
10% that are mutual intros.
	I am trying to look at it like there is no limit or standards that
anybody follows so each person sets their own.<