Re: 85 of Alex Malloy's intros and NRs

bob wrote:

> Is approx. 100 a year extreme.

Not up to me to decide.  100 a year what?  I don't know anything about
most of Alex's plants, but from looking at the list, it doesn't appear
that they are all from one year, and I don't know that he will have
another 100 for you next year.

I didn't set out to defend anyone's introductions, that's not up to me.
I was simply saying that it's your library, so you can have any rules you
want. But as far as registrations go, the objective, as I understand it,
is to record information about the hostas in circulation.  If you want
the information to be as complete as possible, you don't set up rules
that say in effect, I'm going to record this one, but I don't think that
one is worthy of recording.  Since there is no policing authority that
has the power to prevent introduction of "unworthy" hostas, you would
simply be saying that you would rather have this hosta circulating
without being recorded.  What is the objective?

Chick