Re: 85 of Alex Malloy's intros and NRs

Sorry, I misread your note and thought you were thinking of standard to
apply to your library.

Who knows what hostas should be introduced?  I'm not defending myself,
because I don't do it, but I don't know how you could possibly apply
standards.  Mary Chastain has more than 75 Lakesides listed in the 2001
Finder.  Is she introducing too many?  I've heard some people say yes,
and I heard others praising her because she is so selective.

Let me turn the problem around on you.  Do we really need all those
pictures in the library?  I'm sure that you will admit that some of them
are not very good.  Some people will say that this is heresy, that we
need as many pictures as we can possibly accumulate, others will say that
pictures of tiny tc liners don't show anything useful, or why would you
want to post an ugly picture of a beautiful hosta?  My guess is that you
would not want to be in the position of gate-keeper, deciding which
pictures are worthy and which are not.  Personally, I would not like
anyone but me being in that position regarding my introductions.

Chick